***CALL FOR ENTRIES WILL REOPEN IN SPRING 2022***. To get Notified When You Can Next Submit your Film, Please join Toronto After Dark's Filmmaker Contact List Here: https://bit.ly/tad22-film-contact-list
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL:
"Toronto After Dark is a fabulous launching pad for independent genre film" - John Landis, Director/ Writer/ Producer (AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON, THE BLUES BROTHERS)
Toronto After Dark Film Festival is one of the world’s leading showcases of new horror, sci-fi, action and cult films. Celebrating its 15th year, the critically acclaimed annual event spotlights thrilling new feature films and shorts from around the world. Each year's festival is attended by thousands of enthusiastic film fans and over 100 press and industry representatives, generating hundreds of published reviews for our film selections and a number of distribution deals for filmmakers.
As well as the screenings, festivalgoers can also look forward to the lively Q&A's with filmmakers, as well as Pub After Dark, our popular nightly social event where fans get to hang out with the filmmakers! The festival, the films and the fans also benefit year round from a significant online presence, with film updates sent to over 70,000 social media and e-newsletter subscribers. Toronto After Dark is also proud to have been voted by local filmgoers Runner-Up for Best Film Festival in the City.
In light of the ongoing pandemic, for Toronto After Dark's 15th edition we plan to run a unique hybrid event over 4 thrilling nights this October 14-17, 2021. Fans can look forward to our usual in-person theatrical screenings at the Scotiabank Theatre, the biggest cinema in Canada’s largest city. In addition we will be running screenings and events online as part of our first-ever virtual festival. This way we can ensure that the show will go on for fans and filmmakers under all situations!
We look forward to your entry and participation in this year's exciting Toronto After Dark: Horror, Sci-Fi, Action & Cult Film Festival!
WHAT FILMMAKERS & PRESS SAY ABOUT US:
"Having the opportunity to screen at Toronto After Dark was an absolute dream. It’s a festival programmed by true genre fans, for true genre fans, so it’s no wonder why they have the most energetic crowds on the festival circuit."
- Tyler MacIntyre, Director / Writer (TRAGEDY GIRLS, PATCHWORK)
"Toronto After Dark is an epicenter for genre fans across the globe."
- MOVIEMAKER MAGAZINE
"Well organized, friendly, and relaxed, you can’t go wrong with this festival." - FANGORIA
WHAT WE OFFER FILMMAKERS
If your submitted film is selected for screening at the 2021 Toronto After Dark Film Festival, here is what you can expect from us:
- EXCELLENT PRESENTATION: Toronto After Dark takes pride in screening all films with the very best projection and sound equipment available.
- EXTENSIVE PROMOTION of your film as part of our massive two month festival marketing campaign that includes web, email and outdoor components. Our films also benefit year round from a significant online presence with film updates to over 70,000 social media and e-newsletter subscribers.
- A WELL-ATTENDED SCREENING: Our festival has become world-famous for its packed, enthusiastic audiences, with typically over 400 fans in attendance at every screening. We anticipate similar high levels of engagement with our online audience. All our fans create fantastic word of mouth for the films they see.
- MASSIVE PRESS COVERAGE: Very few festivals in the world come close to Toronto After Dark when it comes to generating publicity for independent genre films, both feature films and shorts. Given our status as one of the world's top genre film festivals, over 200 press and industry members cover our event annually including the trade press and most importantly we encourage them to cover our short films too.
Toronto After Dark and its film selections have been featured by Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, Entertainment Weekly, MTV, Filmmaker Magazine and Bloody-Disgusting to name a few. We generate record editorial coverage, with hundreds of published feature film reviews and short film reviews at the festival annually.
- EXPOSURE BEYOND OUR FESTIVAL: We like to tell filmmakers, that at Toronto After Dark your film is not just programmed, it is adopted. You can rest assured, if selected that our experienced festival team will do all that it can to make sure that your film's journey to finding the perfect audience wider than just our festival is a successful one!
- HELP WITH DISTRIBUTION: The film industry has also taken notice of our festival with trade press coverage. Toronto After Dark has a number of high profile contacts that we can share with you if you are selected by our event, and seeking distribution domestically or internationally. A number of our official selections have gone on to find distribution deals following the buzz surrounding their screenings at Toronto After Dark.
ALL SUBMITTING FILMMAKERS CAN EXPECT:
- A FAIR AND FULL CONSIDERATION WITH PRE-SCREENING OF YOUR FILM: we don't pre-guarantee a program slot to any filmmaker, regardless of their relationship with the festival. Our programming department watches every single film that is submitted, before making our final selections.
PLEASE E-MAIL US QUESTIONS, ANYTIME:
WE LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR SUBMISSION!
- Team After Dark