📝 Sign up as a festival representative to manage this page!
😞 We don't have a program for this festival yet. Would you like to help us add it?
The Wildlife Conservation Film Festival attracts an international representation of film, filmmakers, advocates and scientists dedicated to the preservation of global biodiversity. Visitors come to New York from across the globe to attend this unique film festival. Opportunity for the filmmaker and visitors exist to interact and engage is discussion.
Representatives from multiple distribution companies are invited to review films in the festival for television listings on their respected networks.
The WCFF annual event is in New York, NY the third week in October for 10 days with film screenings, panel discussions, networking and receptions. Two days are field trip for visiting film producers and scientists.
WCFF host a virtual edition of the festival as not every film can fit into the New York schedule, nor can all filmmakers or attendees travel to our great city. The virtual edition gives filmmakers a greater exposure to a more diverse, global audience. Attendees that cannot travel to New York have the opportunity to watch films and interact with filmmakers and scientists during live Zoom sessions.
In 2022 WCFF plans to launch an event in Cannes, France in May to coincide with the Cannes Film Festival. Filmmakers that accepted in 2022 may also participate in this event. Films must in French or subtitled.
Film Producers receive:
- The ability to market your film with the WCFF official selection and, if selected for an award, an award logo.
- All access festival pass.
- You will be introduced at your film's screening, participate in Panel Discussion/Q&As to talk about your work
- Free admission to all festival related events.
- Sell copies of your film(s) and books at the festival
** 2021 COVID-19 UPDATE
WCFF plans to have a onsite, film festival in our theaters with a live audience in New York and Los Angeles for 2021. However we are at the mercy of the state and municipal government regarding the re-opening of theaters. In the event social distancing rules prevent a live audience, WCFF will host a online film festival, with both screenings and panel discussions. This will enable filmmakers to have their production seen by an even larger global audience.
* All films entered via FilmFreeway have the option to participate in the WCFF Channel. This is an online streaming service that brings the festival to a larger global audience. The WCFF Channel shares revenue with the filmmakers, giving you opportunity to generate income.